Welcome!

I'm glad that you've found my blog! I will be writing here about my time abroad in Prague!

Reminder: I do not have a Facebook. I will post pictures
for everyone to see here, on the blog. You can also follow me on Twitter @TylerReedMiller.

Cheers!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Another Week, Another Adventure

I don't have much to say in this post, I mostly want to share some pictures and stories about the pictures... I am excited for this evening because I am going to go play basketball with some of the US Marines that are stationed here at the US Embassy. I met one of them at the church and really enjoy hearing their stories and about their lives. They are my age and doing things I couldn't even imagine doing... Remember to thank all military personnel, past, present and future, for their service!

Here is Olivia, also from CSU, on top of one of the baby statues that are in Prague. These statues are also on one of the mobile radio towers here in Prague that was voted one of the ugliest buildings in the world! I will try to take a picture of the tower at some point. Really strange things...

This is the John Lennon Wall in Prague, near Charles Bridge. It is constantly changing because people graffiti over it constantly. Ever from day to day you can go and experience a completely different display of artwork. It is fascinating! And yes, we did add to the artwork, but just with a Sharpie, we will go back at some point and leave a larger impact.


He has a striking resemblance to Harry Potter... Wish someone wouldn't have put the lightning bolt on him though...

This is near the Lennon Wall and there are several of these gates on bridges where people put a lock and throw the key into the river... It is meant to symbolize a love that cannot be broken. It is fun to watch all the couples come and spend this time together with their lock and key. I wonder how many people actually stay together??? Doesn't seem to be many these days...

This part might have been the coolest thing I've experienced yet in Prague. There is a 'Secret Garden' hidden in the middle of the city. It is surrounded by a 15 foot wall with one entrance. Seemingly no one knows about it as I was one of three people in the whole park. There are these Peacocks that are everywhere and want to eat the walnuts. If you crack one walnut open, they all flock to you and will eat out of your hand. At one point there were about 10 Peacocks surrounding me, I wish someone could have taken a picture but this will have to do.


I am about half way through my trip and have enjoyed every minute. But I am also looking forward to being home with my family and friends for the holidays. Choj!

No comments:

Post a Comment