Welcome!

I'm glad that you've found my blog! I will be writing here about my time abroad in Prague!

Reminder: I do not have a Facebook. I will post pictures
for everyone to see here, on the blog. You can also follow me on Twitter @TylerReedMiller.

Cheers!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Local Life in Prague

This is the metronome. It is just a giant metronome. There are a lot of skateboarders that use the open cement area around it to skate on. It overlooks Prague, and is one of my favorite places that I've found to relax in Prague. It is surrounded by a park on one side, and a ledge overlooking the city on the other. I want to go there and watch the sunrise someday.

 Ceska Zbrojovka is the gun manufacturer in Prague. These are some of their rifles and pistols. They are some of the most beautiful guns and craftsmanship I've ever seen. They wouldn't let me take pictures of the store, just close up of the weapons. But it is a really cool place. This is the company that I made my rifle and I bought several more magazines for it. They we about 75% cheaper here than in the states!


This is the local futbol stadium, Sparta. This match was between the Czech national team vs. Bulgaria. It was a World Cup Qualifying match; it's just the beginning of pool play though, so it wasn't as important and Czech is unlikely to make it past pool play anyways. They are a long shot to qualify for the World Cup. It was still cool to see the match, even though it ended 0-0. It was about 80% full and everyone was singing and cheering the entire match, just like you see on TV.



No comments:

Post a Comment